IMPASHI
Hello all,
I just wanted to share a quick story, I thought might be interesting to you.
Last night our house (I'm currently staying for a host family during my training) was raided by Impashi (hoards of red biting ANTS) that flooded in by the thousands. It was quite the adventure. You can't hear them coming but when they get there it's scary. Fortunately I was out watching a movie and when I returned they had evacuated the house. These ants they come in and eat everything that they can find food, other insects, amphibian, anything that moves. If a human happens to be there, they try to eat him/her too bye covering them and biting. It's a bit scary. So I slept at a friends house last night and came back this morning to clean things up as best as I could with my host family. My host mom said, this is the real Africa.
I will be graduating from training in let's count together 1 - 2 - 3 days!! I'm so excited, I'll be writing soon again to talk about my first few weeks in the village.
Have a great day!
Natalie
I just wanted to share a quick story, I thought might be interesting to you.
Last night our house (I'm currently staying for a host family during my training) was raided by Impashi (hoards of red biting ANTS) that flooded in by the thousands. It was quite the adventure. You can't hear them coming but when they get there it's scary. Fortunately I was out watching a movie and when I returned they had evacuated the house. These ants they come in and eat everything that they can find food, other insects, amphibian, anything that moves. If a human happens to be there, they try to eat him/her too bye covering them and biting. It's a bit scary. So I slept at a friends house last night and came back this morning to clean things up as best as I could with my host family. My host mom said, this is the real Africa.
I will be graduating from training in let's count together 1 - 2 - 3 days!! I'm so excited, I'll be writing soon again to talk about my first few weeks in the village.
Have a great day!
Natalie
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home