New Adventures, Dog Bites, Rats and So On
So maybe you're wonndering why you're hearing from me again so soon, it's like I'm still in a first world country... well, not quite.
I'm doing work in my village I promise, but last night riding my bike on the way from a well attended meeting (150 Bantu (people)) a dog began to chase my bicycle and jumped up and bit me in the calve, left side. I heard my skin crunch, it was painful. But DON'T WORRY I'm just ok, however, I had to come all the way out of my village into the capital city in order to get a rabies vaccine booster to make sure I don't die of rabies or anything minor like that. haha, so I'm in the big city again, I'll return to the village on Friday to begin working again. I was quite annoyed because I had to cancel two meetings to come out here. Then it took like 6 hours to travel because the diesel problem is still here so we were waiting for 2 hours halfway through the trip for the bus to get fuel. Anyway, I've been jabbed by the needle so my life will continue.

And I forgot to mention I have a kitten, his name is Sqadie (not named by me) but he answers to "meow meow",
I was given him by a neighbor while in training in Kitwe, I brought him with me to the village to help me fight against the mice and rats... but what do you know I woke up last Sunday morning to find a huge rat outside my door and where was my kitten hiding in the opposite corner. I think because I left food out for my kitten the rat came a looking. So I hid inside my house and called for my Bamaama (a respectable term for the women of the village) and she came with some young boys to get rid of the rat. Now, I'll give my kitten some credit... maybe when he gets bigger he might be able to accomplish the job he was set up for but since he's still kind of small and the rat was only a centimeter or so smaller than him, I'll let this one pass. The scary thing about it is that my Bamaama said that the rat was a baby rat and they were much bigger, man I wish I had took a picture of this one, it would put Boston's alley rats to shame. Needless to say my kitten will be hungry in the night because I will no longer be leaving food out for him and his rat friends.
So since I'm in the big city if anyone wanted to hear my voice, now would be a good time to call me since I have great network, because in the village it's shady. 011 260 97 489 667 is the number, feel free.
That's all for now, if you can't be good, be careful. :)
So since I'm in the big city if anyone wanted to hear my voice, now would be a good time to call me since I have great network, because in the village it's shady. 011 260 97 489 667 is the number, feel free.
That's all for now, if you can't be good, be careful. :)

4 Comments:
Hey Natalie, it's Honey! I still can't believe you're in Zambia. I admire you so much! Your kitten is adorable. And that story about the rat is hilarious and scary at the same time!
And I'm sorry about the dog bite. OUCH!
Thanks for the words of support honey, keep in touch, mail me pictures of all the DT gatherings and from Karaoke night!
omg. stop chasing those creepy dogs! lol. hope you get well soon. i like your casa. it looks like it keeps you cool, and out of the sun. enjoy this adventure. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home